Sunday, November 8, 2009

- Over 1,000 Visits and Counting !


Hey, all you bloggers way out there in blogger land! I wanted to say a big HI and THANK YOU for coming here so often to read what I have to say. It's so much fun for me to do this!! As you know, though, if you guys weren't reading it, there wouldn't be much point. It would be a lot of work for me to type this all up and then just end up reading it to myself. So thanks for stopping by!

If you've ever scrolled part way down these pages, you'll see an icon on the right hand side just under Timmy's pictures that says "Site Meter". That's a little gizmo that tells me how many people have been on here, and I'm happy to report that since I started this blog in August of 2009, there have been over 1,000 visits! What a kick!

Don't worry....this gizmo does not allow me to peek into your computer, see into your living room, or figure out what you are eating for dinner. It basically just tells me the continent, country and city each visitor is from. That's about it. "Oh, hey, Sarah - cute dog!" JUST KIDDING! Can't see a thing.













Wondering if any of my Blog Fans look like this lovely lady?


Well, having said that, I figure I'll personalize my greeting by saying a BIG HI to all you INTERNATIONAL visitors from:  Romania, Greece, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, Italy, Israel, the UK, the Czech Republic, Spain, France, Pakistan, and Chile.

Welcome to my AMERICAN readers in Florida, Maryland, Utah, North Carolina, New Jersey, Georgia, Massachusetts, New York, California, Virginia and Missouri!
 
And last, but not least, welcome to my fellow CANADIANS! Nova Scotia, Alberta and British Columbia, plus tons of you from ONTARIO: Ottawa, Toronto, Guelph, Kitchener, Orillia, Waterloo, Rockland, Markham, and Thunder Bay....

....and tons more from QUEBEC: Montreal, Dorval, Pointe Claire, Pierrefonds, Beaconsfield, Terrebonne, Laval, Marieville, Greenfield Park, Laprairie, Drummondville, St. Jerome, Bois-des-Filion, Beloeil, Brossard, and Riviere-du-Loup.

Oh, yes, and one lone Australian. Can't forget AUSTRALIA! 

Now, lest you think I am far more wildly popular than, say, sliced bread, I want to point out that some of these "hits", as we say in virtual-speak, are one-timers....in otherwords, they found me by accident and, as far as I know, never came back.

They may have done a Google search for, say, the phrase "Angels Watching Over Me", which just happens to be the name of a song recorded by Amy Grant, posted right here on this very blog for your listening pleasure.

http://wwwadventureswendy.blogspot.com/2009/10/angels-watching-over-me.html

So the Google search results will include this link and *voila*! Computer geeks (that's a complimentary term in computer-speak) everywhere end up stumbling upon my humble little site. Awww.

But for some of you other computer-happy folks, this blog has become a daily habit for you, and I'm so glad! Keep on coming back to visit as often as you like, and don't forget to please tell others about this site. As well as enjoying the journalling and the writing that goes into this blog, I'm also working very hard to make it appealing to everyone, and in particular, those of you who may be struggling with cancer, a serious illness, or just plain old life-in-general.

By the way, I've made up some cards to give out to people and let them know about this blog. If you'd like to have a few cards for yourself, your friends, and the people you meet, please let me know and I'll try to get some to you. George did the layout and I think they look great:














Well, as usual, I haven't quite had enough rest this weekend, so I'm off to have a nap. May you have an awesome week. Be good to yourselves and to each other.

Oh, and since there are two postings today (I stayed up late doing yesterday's blog entry which I ended up posting in the wee hours of this morning!), don't forget to check out the first one, where you can see me in the process of becoming a Huge International Movie Star:

http://wwwadventureswendy.blogspot.com/2009/11/movie-star.html




















See y'all back here real soon, y'hear?

Love, Wendy




No comments:

Post a Comment