Sunday, November 8, 2009

- Okay, So Now I'm a Movie Star


Yes, sirree, I may well be on my way to becoming a movie star. Don't you worry - if I ever get famous, I won't forget any of you - all you little people who made all of this possible.

I want to thank my mother, my father, my agent, my accountant, and of course, the members of the Academy who....oh, sorry; I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll wait for them to call me first and tell me I've won anything before I compose my speech.

I'll try to get front row seats for each and every one of you, but I can't promise....there are so, so many of you....



















Anyways, here I am, appearing in the filming of a documentary on Breast Cancer. How fun is that?



















The gorgeous chickie I'm with is Lucie Gagnon. She's a singer/songwriter also, and we met last year through Craigslist, if you can believe that. I went online looking for people who wanted a lift back from Toronto, and she emailed me about it. Lucie had been in Toronto for an audition (she does way cool TV ads in French and in English) and needed a lift, and I had been in Toronto visiting friends, so we met up and had a great time driving back to Montreal together.



















We just reconnected a few weeks ago and she told me about Liliana Komorowska, a Film Director who was making a documentary about Breast Cancer. Lucie asked me if I'd be interested in participating and I said yes. Hey, if I'm gonna go through this whole cancer thing, I might as well get famous doing it, right?



















The film crew was great to work with! That's Liliana in the pink shirt, standing between the camera guy and the boom operator. We did the shoot on Blvd. St. Laurent here in Montreal at a gorgeous cafe called Bistro Appolo. The cafe owner served me a free hot chocolate! See all the perks of being famous? Huh? Huh?

Liliana and her crew will all be coming with me to the hospital one day when I go in for chemo. I love making an entrance.

We'll all march onto the eighth floor at the Jewish General, I'll get set up in my chemo chair, the nurse will insert the needle, and the crew will film me getting my naughty little maverick cancer cells nuked.

Let me tell you, Reality TV is about to get a whole lot more exciting.
A lot more. I'm gonna show them the real "Survivor".




Liliana Komorowska

20 comments:

  1. I can't believe it Wendy! That will definitely help you keep your mind on other things. When we were filming for HGTV for 8 months, it definitely took over my life, so this could be a wonderful blessing. Looking forward to an autograph!

    Joanne Vroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you in this Breast Cancer documentary - can't wait. You look wonderful!

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,

    I wanted to take this time to let you know that I just LOVE your blogs. You make me laugh, you touch my heart, and you are also very talented in writing!

    I check out your blog every 2 days and I get so happy when I know you have written. It gives me some quiet time to just read and think about what you wrote. It also leads me to pray for you. This movie star subject made me laugh!

    Take care...just wanted to let you know that you are thought of...hope to see you soon. May the Lord bless you and encourage you daily!

    Lots of love,

    R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy,

    I love your blogs. I'm so happy to hear you're upbeat. And a movie star,
    no less! Will you sing, too? That would be wonderful.

    Keep on writing.

    Love,

    E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I'm going to sing! I'll sing, "Thanks For the Mammaries"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I sure hope once you become famous all over again that you don't forget this little old Wendy, your other survivor friend...lol. I can't wait to see the documentary. They couldn't have picked a better person to "star" in it. Your humor is contagious and I, too, look forward to reading your blogs and get excited when I see you have posted a new one. You inspire me, along with so many others. God is working through you in so many ways. God bless you and keep you strong through this journey. Hugs and prayers my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy!

    Thanks for being part of the movie. Liliana was very happy - you will bring a lot to her project.

    You should think about doing a stand up routine or at least a book!!

    Take care,

    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Wendy,

    Listen my Rocking Star, you are getting to be a very interesting person that I would like to include in my film and the most important reason why I need you is exactly, what you are realising as you go further in on the journey through breast cancer!

    Your good attitude drives you now and that is exemplary, the best place to be! That is precisely what I want to portray in my film and actually show other women how to deal with the challenges Big C brings to one's life. Yes, we can!

    Your jokes are funny and your laughter contagious, good contagious. I want to laugh with you, too! If we can film your second chemo, that would be great. We could film you getting your head shaved at the La Coupe Salon and I can organise it as well.

    Your win with MORE magazine is a gift and well deserved. You are a lucky girl and more you stir this positive energy in the air, more the luck will be on your side, I am sure of it.

    Keep up the wonderful spirit! You are my role model...thank you for entering my life. I am privileged to meet you!

    My kind regards,

    Liliana Komorowska

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy...My thoughts will continually be with you even as I return to Africa in January. You will continue to receive all updates.
    Also taking your CD with me!
    Lots of Love
    Christine Brusseau-Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your light is definitely not hiding under a bush or a bushel or whatever! So glad you are you!!!!
    Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are an inspiration, Wendy, and certainly help me to keep my life in perspective. I can't think of a better role model to help all those who are also suffering, about having joy in tribulation.

    May God continue to hold you close to His heart.

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, hello, hello, dear celebrity!

    Now I can truthfully claim that I know a real life celebrity! Your upbeat attitude is truly amazing and inspiring. I will be very upset if you do not include me in your mailing list for the notifications of your blog.

    You are never too far from my thoughts, dear Wendy. I wonder when we could sit down again face à face for coffee, chocolate, a meal, anything.....

    AF

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope they air your film debut in the U.S. I want to see it.

    Peggy McKinnon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Wendy,
    I'm so happy for you and I'm definitely not surprised you're doing this. Having had my mom and my sister as breast cancer survivors I know they need humor and any thing that would be uplifting to go through the process. You are perfect for this job.
    God bless you abundantly for spreading the love, the hope and the joy!!

    Betty Nowakowski

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Sis in the Lord!!
    I will be praying for you and I know God is the healer and that you are Favored of the Lord and very SPECIAL.
    Now I can say that I know a movie star personally. WOW!!!!!
    Vicki Deaver

    ReplyDelete
  18. First chemo down...more to go and YOU WILL be FINE. WHY? Because Wendy is a WINNER!!
    Get ready to receive all kinds of African updates, many of which should make you laugh, beginning mid-January.
    Call, write whatever anything. Christine will always be here for you. Love and HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Wendy, Good luck with your treatments and I wish you all the best. Thank you for sharing your journey. If you need any naturopathic treatment advice please let me know.
    Betty Rozendaal

    ReplyDelete