Friday, November 27, 2009

- Peace Like A River


Well, it's late and I can't sleep, so I figure I might as well blog. 

I was overwhelmed tonight with a deep sense of peace in the midst of everything, which is really just so wonderful.

Peace is a gift, when you think of it . . . a real gift. You can't purchase it, either for yourself or for someone else.

Advertisers talk about "peace of mind" and "Freedom 55", but at the end of the day, even if you do everything right, play your cards properly, eat well, stay fit, and go to sleep early every evening, you cannot guarantee that you will have peace by the time your head hits the pillow.

And then there are other times where, like this situation I'm in, the last thing you expect to show up is a deep, profound sense of peace and well-being in everything. I mean, it's counter-intuitive, isn't it? To be ill with a potentially life-threatening disease, and yet to be at perfect peace? Yet that's where I'm at. And I'm finding it quite remarkable.

============================================

Well, initially, Timmy offered to sit up with me while I blogged. I'm sure his intentions were good, but....













He managed to make it through the first few lines, anyways, and then I could see his eyes getting heavier...










































I guess I'm the lone blogger tonight. Timmy will no doubt take credit for this, somehow, though.

As promised the other day, here are the latest wiggy pictures. On Monday, November 30th, 2009 at 1 pm, I am scheduled to have my lovely locks lopped off (before they fall off in bits and pieces all over the house and Timmy starts choking on my hairballs rather than on his furballs).

Liliana, her film crew and I will be making our way over to trendy La Coupe at the corner of Peel and Sherbrooke in downtown Montreal, where my first-time-ever head shave (or close cut - haven't decided yet) will be immortalized in film.

I may laugh; I may cry; I may do both. Both are perfectly acceptable. But as they say, "Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry, and you'll need to blow your nose." So I'm thinking about that. Ha!

I purchased a lovely paper crown from party store "Giggles" today, with which Liliana has promised to knight me "Chemo Queen" immediately after the deed is done. She currently calls me her Chemo Princess, but offering to let her film me getting my hair completely shaved or cut off warrants an extra-special, prestigious kind of ceremony, don't you think?
















 















 The top two picks are still:









 















"And that," said Forrest Gump, "is all I know about that." I had such profound things to say a couple of hours ago, but watching Timmy sleep has dulled my profundity, and so I, too, will go off into the land of slumber.

May you be blessed with much peace in your journey, also, both now and in the days to come,

Wendy

Please note: If you would like to receive email notifications of all new Blog Postings here at "Adventures With Wendy", please email at my personal email address & I'll add you.

To avoid being spammed by evil web crawlers that prowl for email addresses, I am putting my email address here in code:  wendy"@"wendy.ca   Copy and paste this into your email program, but be sure to remove the quotation marks around the @

Bless you!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    What about the auburn wig you got a few years ago? Auburn is your color.
    take care, take it easy,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete