Thursday, December 17, 2009

- Timmy's Big Break


Well, it just gets crazier around here by the minute, I tell you. A month or two ago, I emailed the SPCA (where Timmy used to live) to tell them that we had adopted him in November 2008. I figured the SPCA adopts out a lot of kitties and doggies and probably wonders where they are and how they're doing, so I thought I'd drop them a line.

So I emailed them with the link How This Blog Is Done, By Timmy (click on it to take a peek) and told them what a little sweetie he is; how he is comforting me through my cancer journey.

I didn't hear back from them....until last week. I received this email from Alanna Devine, the SPCA's Public Relations person:
________________________________________________________

Dear Wendy, Thank you so much for sharing your touching story with us. It certainly makes our day when we hear incredible feedback from our adopters!

I was actually approached by CTV, who wanted to know if we had any special adoption stories. We have several special stories, but I certainly feel that your story would be a wonderful one to share. Would you be OK with me forwarding your story and contact information to CTV?

Thank you so much again. I am so happy that Timmy could bring so much joy and comfort to your life.

Looking forward to hearing from you,  
Alanna Devine, B.A., B.C.L., LL.B.
________________________________________________________

Can you imagine - TWO actors in one family! It's like Donald and Keiffer Sutherland, or Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, or....

Anyways, I spoke with Timmy about it, and he was over the moon. He raced around the house for 5 or 10 minutes with sheer joy, then had to rush to his litterbox to pee from all the excitement. Does he want to be filmed just like his Mommy? Of course he does!
















So, I emailed to accept on Timmy's behalf (he's not all that computer literate yet). Here's Alanna's next email:
________________________________________________________

Hi Wendy, That is such fantastic news! I am so happy Timmy has agreed to appear on TV ;)

It is for the local news. Karla from CTV should be in touch with you shortly. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!

All the best with your recuperation and big hugs to Timmy from his family at the SPCA!

Warmest regards, Alanna and the SPCA team
________________________________________________________

But it gets bigger. When CTV found out Liliana is filming me for her documentary, they decided they'd like to include that bit in their piece, too, so on Monday, if all goes according to plan (a bit of running around by Liliana trying to line up permission for this), the Jewish General has agreed to let both film crews follow me around for my delayed Chemo 2 on Monday, December 21!

Can it get any more exciting than this? Can I be any more conspicuous? Shall we just move in and take over the whole hospital?

And no, Timmy will not be at the hospital Monday. His turn comes Tuesday, December 22, here at home, when CTV will come to film him being cute, cuddly and adorable - unless, of course, he freaks out and hides under the bed or something.


















Of course, they'll want to get some good footage of him snuggling up to me, looking concerned about my health, and doing a trick or two, and those are generally things Timmy only does when he feels like it and is in the mood.

So, if you're thinking of him next Tuesday around 11 am, send some good thoughts this way that he won't blow his screen audition, if you know what I mean. I don't think he realizes how much co-operation is needed in Show Biz...listening to the Director, taking suggestions, facing the camera (with your face, not your tail), and so on.

But I think Timmy's up for the challenge, so stay tuned for exciting pictures from both Monday's and Tuesday's events!


(PS from Timmy: I know how to act in front of a camera! Mom's always sticking hers in my face, y'know?)




















6 comments:

  1. Wow... I will have to tune in to the news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh heh, it won't be on until after Christmas sometime - I'll announce it here and on Facebook, plus I'll post the video here if I can, or a link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Wen!

    Can't wait to see this on CTV or failing that on the VIDEO!!!!

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wendywoozle,
    Glad that you are feeling better, that condition didn't sound too fun! It is such a joy to follow you on here, please keep it up!
    That cat of yours is a real looker, what a cutiepie. Looking forward to seeing him on video! Wanted to wish you a George and Timmy a wonderful Christmas and a happy and healthy new year ahead.
    Lots of love to you
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just tuning in to my favourite reality show!
    I think George should make a cameo appearance with Timmy...what do you think George?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll pray that Timmy takes after his Mommy and cooperates with the film crew.

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete