Tuesday, October 27, 2009

- My Arm Is Fine (Giggling Babies)


So, trundled off to the Jewish General again yesterday for the third day in a row, after spending parts of 2 days in Emerg. Had an ultrasound of my arm to make sure it was not about to wither up and fall off.

The Ultrasound Technician was very nice. She smeared my right shoulder and arm with that nice frosty cold ultrasound gel stuff and probed around for signs of an impending blood clot, but there was none. Turns out it's just a hematoma, which www.dictionary.com says is "a circumscribed collection of blood, usually clotted, in a tissue or organ, caused by a break in a blood vessel." Sounds like a clot to me, but what do I know?

I'm not feeling very verbose today. In fact, I think I'm suffering from yet another ailment called Cabin Fever. Another way of describing Cabin Fever is "GET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE BECAUSE I'M GOING CRAZY DOING NOTHINGGGGG!!!!" I guess that's a good thing, right? It must mean I'm getting better.

But I'm feeling very frustrated because chemo is bound to start soon, so I can't get involved in anything much until I know how tired or how sick I'm going to feel while I'm on it. So I'm in limbo. On hold. My life is in that big gray patch they call "no-man's-land". Arrrggghhh. It's 2:08 pm and I'm still in my robe.

Tonight, I'm going to help out at a volunteer ESL (English as a Second Language) course. It'll get me out of the house and get my mind off my aches and pains.

Okay, enough about me. Time to laugh. Ready for a giggle or two? Watch these cuties!

See you soon, and blessings to each one of you. Hope your journey isn't too rough today....




3 comments:

  1. I hope every day gets better abd better for you Wendy!!!!!
    Love,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy, all I can say is God bless you. You are an awesome woman. You inspire me to push through my insecurities and my days (I read one of your blogs about feeling alone without family and friends). http://wwwadventureswendy.blogspot.com/2009/08/as-many-of-you-know-im-kinda-orphaned.html

    I too have felt like you in my past. I don't want to ramble on but I had to send you this message. You are such an inspiration and such an amazing person to have to go through what you're going through and to always have that beautiful smile of yours and make people feel worthy and happy.

    I will continue to keep you in my prayers and I would love to visit you soon.

    Take care and God bless you. A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Thanks for sending me your Blog site. I've been looking at it and see that it's a wonderful way to share your feelings and your journey of discovery through breast cancer.

    Please share this with the other members who will be attending our workshop.

    Sonia Oberman
    Coping Skills Workshop Co-Ordinator
    Jewish General Hospital

    ReplyDelete