Friday, March 5, 2010

- Taking Care of Mom, by Timmy


Somebody has to take care of Mom. My days are very, very busy. I will show you some pictures here so you can see what I'm talking about.

 






















So it all starts at sunup - I look outside and see it's morning, which is a cue to jump on top of her and wake her up (she thinks it's because I'm hungry, but it's really for her own good - I don't like lazy humans.)
























I warm up the seat for her . . . 
























She goes to the bathroom but she doesn't like it if I watch, so I try to keep an eye on her from outside . . .











I put the thingy in the shower so her hair doesn't clog the drain (but her hair has mostly fallen out, now . . . )

I make sure the water is the right temperature so she can brush her teeth when she gets outta the shower.

I help her take her glasses off. People shouldn't brush their teeth with their glasses on.


Breakfast time. I watch what she eats.

After breakfast . . . a scalp massage. She likes this a lot.

Here I am, helping her read.

  
If there's something important she's missed, I point it out.
























I help her do this blog . . .
























. . . we have a nap . . .
























I put on my nightcap . . .
























And it's time for bed.

The End.

By Timmy.


(Thank you, Timmy. Love, Mom)


8 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaaaawwww! I love this one!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your blog this evening. Timmy is sooooo cute.

    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. hee hee! I love how interactive Timmy is. My cat is more of a snob. Except when we're trying to play dominoes on the floor. She loves to help play dominoes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wen:

    I LOVE Timmy's nightcap! Good weekend - take care.

    Love,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures remind me of a comic I recently borrowed from the library, Jeffery Brown's Cat Getting Out of a Bag. You can see some examples here:
    http://www.chroniclebooks.com/excerpts.php?isbn=0811858227&store=books

    Also, regarding your condition, I think you will GREATLY identify with the biographical comic, Cancer Vixen. Ask Eva for more info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great therapy having such a pal as Timmy around to take such good care of you Wendy. I hope you are managing well with the new treatments. The sunny weather is enough to put anybody in the best of spirits these days. Got to love that Spring is just around the corner and everything and everyone seem to come to life once again. Wishing you many blessings today and every day. Please pass on my regards to George for me. Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Timmy must be great company. I love it when I work in my home office and am surrounded by cats "helping". ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Wendy,

    I am thinking of you, even though I might have just dropped out of the universe - for all the emails I have not sent! Your life is certainly an adventure. And you capture the sunny side of a difficult situation. You look for the good, the funny, the tender moments. Just love your photos of Timmy, and the dialogue, too. Bravo!!

    I enjoyed our lunch--oh such a long while ago. And I listened to the clips of songs on your CD which I would like to buy. I'm not that good ordering things on-line, so maybe we could meet again.

    Hope your treatment is going well. It doesn't need to feel good to do the work it needs to do--kinda like Pepto Bismol or something.

    Luv you,

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete