Saturday, January 2, 2010

- Happy New Year...2010!


















Yep, we're starting another year. Got any good New Year's resolutions? Hope you can think of something! 

I would lo-o-o-ove to lose weight, but it's the method of loss that I'm at a loss to come up with.  Too bad I can't lose weight by laughing - I'd be THIN if that was the case!!

"It's a bad thing to suppress laughter because it goes back down and spreads your hips!" - Erma Bombeck 
Wonder if that's true....
Here's a poem for you, for this new year:
At Day's End
Is anybody happier
Because you passed his way?
Does anyone remember
That you spoke to him today?

The day is almost over
And its toiling time is through
Is there anyone to utter now
A kindly word of you?

Can you say tonight in parting
With the day that's slipping fast
That you helped a single brother
Of the many that you passed?

Is a single heart rejoicing
Over what you did or said?
Does the man whose hopes were fading
Now with courage, look ahead?

Did you waste the day, or lose it?
Was it well or sorely spent?
Did you leave a trail of kindness
Or a scar of discontent?

As you close your eyes in slumber,
Do you think that God will say
"You have earned one more tomorrow
By the work you did today"?

I don't really agree with those last two lines...after all, lots of selfish people have lots of tomorrows, so I don't believe we can earn a tomorrow by "being good". But being kind sure makes our todays and tomorrows a heck of a lot more meaningful and happy! It also gives us warm memories of all our yesterdays!



















Okay, this has to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen Timmy do. Yes, I know what you're all thinking: "Oh, good grief, there she goes again talking about cutsie-wutsie little Timmy-poo - she's worse than a grandmother with endless pictures of her grandchildren."

Never mind, just be quiet and listen to this - my cat has SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I'm gonna talk about it right here.

How do I know he has SAD, you ask? Look at this picture! Look at him!! He's blissfully soaking up what he thinks is sunlight, the nut! We're sitting here in the living room this morning watching TV, minding our own business, and look at what this cuckoo cat is doing!!!!


















I tell you, this cat is hilarious! I've never, ever had a cat that did this, and we had cats all the time when I was growing up.

He sat with his head stuck under this lampshade for the better part of 10 minutes! When he came out from under it, I swear he had a tan! Okay, maybe I have a good imagination. But it's a lot cheaper than a tanning salon, don't you think? (I wonder if my head would fit under there.....)


















What an absolute goofball! Heh heh heh.....

Don't forget, all you Timmy (and Wendy) fans: Timmy & I are on CTV Local News tomorrow night, Sunday, January 3, 2010 on the 6 pm news, and again Monday, January 4, 2010 on the Noon news. If you miss it or you're not living here in Montreal, Quebec, I'll have a link here soon afterwards and you'll be able to watch the clip.

Well, I know it's hard to believe, but I don't really have anything else to say, other than I hope 2010 is everything you'd like it to be. I meet with my Oncologist this Monday, January 4, and he'll tell me when my next chemo is. 

Because of the Small Vessel Vasculitis infection, I haven't had any chemo since November 23rd, and my hair is even starting to grow back! So I guess I'm very overdue. Stay tuned for an update, coming soon to a computer near you.

Blessings, everyone....bye bye for now!

Love from Wendy & Timmy (George says hi, too!)


I know this cartoon is too small to see - just mouse over it and click on it to enlarge:


4 comments:

  1. Morning Wendy. Yes, please leave the links for the news show airings. And your not the only one with a cukoo cat..I have my daughter's two cats living here now ( yes, along with the daughter! ) and they tend to be a handful, but arrived here when I needed them the most and they are usually a very welcome distraction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy,

    Your blog helps us in a sense to share what you are going through (without the pain). Your sense of humour is like a salve on a wound. Your new Devotional messages will be, I feel sure, from your heart and love and concern for others.

    With many blessings and my prayers for your soon recovery.

    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy,

    Happy New Year! It’s been a long time since I spoke with you. Have been reading your blog. What an adventure! It really amazes me how you can look on what you are going through with humour and an obvious trust in God that He knows what He is doing. You are truly a remarkable lady and I appreciate having known you if only for such a short time.

    Please keep the emails coming reminding me to view your blog.

    DS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy! I suspect you are right about SAD. Our cat has been exhibiting unusual behaviour of late as well. Perhaps they suffer from cabin fever like we humans do? Thank you so much for the laughs and the profound thoughts. Parying for you.

    Taf

    ReplyDelete