Saturday, September 5, 2009

- Encouraging Letters


Just thought I'd create a posting for these excerpts from encouraging letters I've received this week...they're helping so much. Thank you for sending them!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wendy,

I have been reading your blog. I just need to tell you how proud I am of your courage but moreover, your attitude . . . a real tribute to your faith.


If there is any way I can be there for you, don't hesitate to let me know!

K.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Wendy,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers, along with all the many other people who are thinking about you.


Your websites and blog are an amazing encouragement, which seems funny coming from a cancer patient to someone who really has nothing to complain about in comparison! I laughed out loud at the pantyhose story*. We've all had a few of those moments!

Many blessings on you in your recovery......

* Note from Wendy! My pantyhose story is on my website:
http://www.wendy.ca/content/view/38/69/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hi Wendy,


Gosh, I am certain that others will be touched by you...how could they not be? You have such a beautiful and loving spirit...yes, God will use this situation greatly for His glory, sometimes you will see Him working and it will bless you, and often you won't see the impact you are having, but lives WILL be touched....one of our prayers for you is that at EVERY moment throughout the hours, days and weeks ahead, you will feel Him in a sense carrying you through and above it all.

Will keep in touch...

Sue

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy,

Your blog is awesome. The word of the Lord inspires me and helps me through my illness. You are so eloquent with your words. Your confidence and love for the Lord in awe inspiring.

Be well, my heart will be with your heart and the Lord will have both our hearts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Wendy,


I just wanted to thank you for keeping me/us updated about your medical situation. I am so blessed and encouraged by your strength, faith and trust in our loving God, Who has you in the hollow of His hand at all times and in all circumstances. You are so right to cling to Him, and He will surely reward your faith and bring you through.

Every blessing,

Jill

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy,


I lift you up to our Father every day. Blessings upon you. Strength, grace and His glory. If I can help in any way let me know. Keep singing and praising His name.

Isaiah 54: 5, 10
"For your Maker is your husband- the LORD Almighty is his name
The Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; He is called the God of all the earth."

" "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you."

Thank you, Lord, that every breath of Wendy's is in Your hand. What a beautiful, peaceful place to be. Thank you, Lord, that you are Wendy's provider, her healer, her Husband, her Redeemer.

Thank you that nothing can remove Your covenant of peace over her. Thank You for what You are doing in this situation, and for Your compassion.

In Jesus name, Amen

Catherine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Wendy,

I am standing with you in faith on the Solid Rock! What a shock just as you're about to set off but praise the Lord it was diagnosed before you left! I love (the song on your blog) "Your Unfailing Love" - which I am listening to right now - it is a good faith builder/keeper and will sustain you through your ordeal.

Feel free to call/drop in any time.

Love you and be assured you're in our prayers constantly!

Ann

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Wendy,

Reading your diary is an inspiration - who knows what will be - one thing we do know is that our God is able to do more than we can ask for or think of. Your journey may have changed....your mission field has changed address for now. It won't be easy but with God all things are possible.

May the Lord be your constant companion - may He send the ones of His choice to hear words of encouragement and hope through you - Christ is your Victory - your Healer and Saviour.

God bless you and undergird your faith daily as you live for Him on this amazing journey of faith. May your faith be counted unto you as righteousness.

Holding you up before His throne of Grace....

Myra

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Wendy,

I wanted to let you know that I've been praying for you and thinking of you since I first heard the news. It is an encouragement to me to see how strong you are through this trial - a blog and all! It's amazing, Wendy. What a testimony to all!

You are an overcomer and He is leading you though this every step of the way. Remember the poem Footprints? That always touched me. Continue to lean on your Heavenly Father and He'll carry you through this.

"The Lord is your strength and your song, He has become your salvation."

"In quietness and in confidence shall be your strength." (Is 30:15)

Love, Liv

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Wendy,

I was struck by your faith when I heard you sharing with the women at the prayer meeting, the fact that you have breast cancer. I can imagine try to imagine how difficult it must be to receive news that you have breast cancer, and I pray that you will find good support and community amongst the women in your life as you go through treatments, and as you deal emotionally with this illness.

You had such a heart to go away on missions, but I know that God will use you where ever you are - especially now that you don't have a choice of where you're living. Your prayers, your words, your music all bring people into the kingdom....

Rebecca

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment