Thursday, August 12, 2010

- Goodbye, Radiation Resort!!!

Oh, Happy Dayyyy!!! As much as I've thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Radiation Resort, all good things must come to an end and this is no different. Today marked the 25th Suntanning Session on that lovely Suntanning Bed at the marvellous Radiation Resort, dah-ling!!! Can you believe it???

















I tell you, the time has just flown by! Five and a half weeks, gone! Just like that! And here I am with the incomparable Radiation Resort staff, clutching my utterly charming fake flower they give to all guests on their last day. How sweet is that???

















(Actually, the flower is presented by Hope & Cope, the Jewish General Hospital's group that supports cancer patients. They're awesome, dah-ling!)


















Here I am on the Suntanning Bed, sneaking in a quick read before my last session begins. Why are these Resort staff people SO impatient?? I mean, sure, there are dozens of other guests booked for this very same bed today, but sheesh!! A girl has to have a bit of leisure in her life, doesn't she??? Sev & Joseph: take a pill, dah-lings!!

















Relax, you two!!! Honestly!!! I guess no matter where you decide to take your vacation, there are always going to be people who don't understand us. Oh, well!!!






















So, let's celebrate!! Well, maybe in a few days. I'm still a bit tired, not only from all that suntanning, but also from schlepping back & forth to the Resort every day. As I explained earlier, it's not equipped for overnight guests, which is a bit unusual for a Resort, if you ask me....but oddly enough, no-one did. Ask me, I mean.

Anyways, on another note, for the first time in 32 years of singing, I have EIGHT bookings this month!! I mean, it's crazy!! This Sunday morning, I'll be singing & doing the sermon (yup, I'm a preacher-girl!!) at Three Steeples United Methodist Church in Champlain, New York. If you live in the area, you must stop by to say hi!! It would be such fun to meet some of you face to face!

There's a mini-concert for some seniors the following Thursday, and then next Sunday, I'll be at another church in the Montreal area. There's the outdoor gospel festival the Saturday following that in Cornwall, Ontario. And then the following Sunday morning, I'm singing & doing the sermon at Franklin Centre Church of the Nazarene and a concert Sunday evening at that same church. What funnnnn!!!

















Seriously, if we've never met (and even if we have!), it would be great to see you at any of these events! Be sure to come up & say hi, okay?  :)

To see my singing & speaking schedule, click here: 
http://www.wendy.ca/content/view/30/34/

Well, that just about all my news....I've got another three & a half months of Herceptin treatments at the Jewish General, but they're only every 3 weeks, so that's not too bad.

Thanks to each one of you who have added comments & encouraging notes here on my bloggy-blog, and for your marvellous support throughout all of this cancer journey! It's not over yet, but we're hopefully coming down the home stretch.

By the way, the results from the most recent CT scan came back last week, and the spot on my lung & my spine are unchanged. This either means (a) they are both shadows, or (b) they are cancerous but have been kept in check thus far by the months of chemo I went through. 

So it's inconclusive at this point, and we'll just have to wait until early 2011 when all treatments are finished. But honestly, I'm not all that concerned, nor am I afraid. Que sera, sera - what will be, will be!

Can you believe it's almost been a year since I was diagnosed? It was August 19, 2009 at 8:30 am when that cancer diagnosis came down, and it's been quite a trip!! But I'm still here, and I'm still joyful!!!

I have to say that without the wonderful security of knowing my Heavenly Father loves me so much & is looking out for me, I don't know what of state I would have been in throughout all of this. He gives peace in the midst of the storm, and He gives joy in place of sorrow. What a privilege it is to know Him and to trust Him. I am truly grateful for His mercy to me!!

Well, here's a promotional video of the Jewish General Hospital. What fun! I was asked to participate in the filming, so you'll see me first with the Rasta wiggie, and then with the green wiggie! And my fave puppet, Oswald the Knuffle Bird, also made a guest appearance! Yay! :)

Until next time, fellow-travellers . . . may God bless you,

Love, Wendy

(If you watch the counter, you'll see me & Oswald at 0.44 & 1:55!)




6 comments:

  1. Shouldn't your magazine be titled "OVER STACKED" ??? LOL...Congratulations girl. You rock. Prayers are with you morning and night! We "boobless" gals have to stick together. I've notice I swim faster without my flotation devices...lol...Great to see your pics. God bless and keep us posted. Love Lori H. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Miss Lori!! It's certainly easier on the back, being boobless, isn't it!?!? And for those of us who used to be well-endowed, we can jog now without giving ourselves black eyes!! Why, the benefits are endless!!! xox Blessings 2 U!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Good for you girl! I love the blond on you. Those pics are so funny at the resort. They need to blow one up and hang it on the wall in the ward. Guaranteed to make them smile and feel a little relaxed before their turn.

    Home stretch, hang in there,
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, lots of upcoming gigs and a great video too.........
    much to celebrate after one year............
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so amazing! I'm so happy to see you are finished with your radiation treatments. You have every reason to celebrate and we celebrate with you. God is certainly good and praise be to Him that we can put our trust in Him in these times. You have made so many of us laugh and enjoy every step of the way with you on your journey. I'm so proud of you and am very happy to call you my "Breast Friend". Blessings to you always. You rock! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Wendy, what great news!! So wonderful to hear!

    Love you girl
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete