Monday, June 14, 2010

- What's New With Me?


Hiya, everyone! Well, life has been so busy, busy, busy lately, especially now that I'm feeling better & am able to get around a little bit more. I went to church yesterday morning for the first time in about 3 months! 

Wow, I missed those peeps so much! Had a great time reconnecting with everyone and catching up on everybody's news.

Also had another concert Saturday night at Cote des Neiges Presbyterian church, just near the Jewish General Hospital. Such fun! Met tons of new friends & got my picture taken by sweetie-pie Rolanda. 
 















I am not making a fashion statement by appearing bald in public - it's just that I'm so HOT from all my chemo-induced menopausal hot flashes that I can't *stand* wearing the wig in this warmer weather! So I'm going bald all the time now, and boy, do I get looks when I'm in public.

Some people have suggested I wear those turban thingies, or a scarf, but I just don't want to wear them & I don't think they'd look good on me. Besides, I'm getting a lot of compliments on my new look! Geez, maybe I should just keep shaving my head! My hair is growing back like crazy . . . a nice WHITE color . . . oh, goody. 

Some friends asked why my hair is growing back white. To them I say, "Hel-l-l-l-looo! It's been white for years!!! Have you ever heard of hair dye???!!?" Apparently, they didn't know I've been dying my hair since I was, like, seven? 

No, just kidding - I started dying my hair around 12 years ago when the white started overtaking the brown.

Oh, yeah - I never told you about my *other* concert on June 5th - that was a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay For Life. That was a fun one, too! Had the whole band with me & it's so cool to perform with other musicians: 
















Pals Andrew & Marjorie came to the concert & took some lovely pix that night . . . 

And here we are at the end of the concert . . . the Relay For Life team gave me some neato pink roses as a thank you from them. Pink, of course, is for Breast Cancer.

What a good lookin' bunch, eh? ;) From left to right, Stephen Mullin, piano & guitar & also arranger/producer of my CD "You Say", Sally Richmond, whistle & recorder; me & my roses; Gerry Morin, cellist with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra; and Rob Adams, percussionist & good pal for many years. 

These folks all played on my CD, and I SO appreciated them volunteering their time & talents for that concert - thanks, guys!

Well, have a very blessed week & don't get into too much trouble . . . xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment