Friday, April 2, 2010

- Here I Am! (Your Love Is Extravagant)


Yep, here I am! You may not be hearing from me very often, but I'm still here, hanging out on the couch in my living room, drinking tea, watching TV, and getting more and more addicted to Facebook. 

My energy levels are about on par with a turtle who has been drugged, and my mojo has left the building. 

But I'm here! I'm still here!

Well, last Saturday was my concert and boy, was it fun! George and my friend Darlene helped me out a lot, along with Jennifer, Tabitha and Nicole. 

We had a full house! 110 tickets were sold but there were probably 120 people at the concert if you include the Canadian Cancer Society gals who were there to share about the Relay For Life that's coming up, Jill from the West Island Cancer Wellness Center, and of course, my trusty friends who helped out in all sorts of ways.
























Does anybody out there have any photos they took of the concert? If so, can you send them to me? I didn't take any because I was playing the guitar & singing, and I find it really difficult to do both. I'm just not all that good at multi-tasking, I guess. This is the only photo of the concert I've got! A big thank you to Seta, who took it for me.

Anyways, it was bunches of fun, this concert! I was, like, super exhausted & had to sit down a lot, but thankfully, I can still sing even when I'm sitting down. The audience was super duper & laughed at all my jokes, which makes them all automatically my best friends in the whole wide world. 

Abi & her daughter Lieska helped me sing the Menopause song, which was also a riot. Gosh, I wish I had a pic of that! Lieska is a teenager, so we had to make her an honorary menopausal woman, since she isn't really menopausal. 

Lieska shaved all her hair off awhile ago so she could give her hair to charity to make wigs with. Isn't that neat? So great when people do things for others like that.



















And the film crew was there as well to film the entire event, although Lovely Liliana couldn't be there that night. Maybe I'll be able to get some film clips of the concert from her, and maybe I can figure out how to upload them onto my bloggy-blog here. 

I thought I'd be SO--O-O-OO exhausted after the concert, since I was already exhausted *before* the concert started! Guess I underestimated adrenaline - I got to bed at 2 am that morning & was up at 6:30 am until midnight that night, with no nap! Hmm! I'm a tough cookie, eh?!?!? Heh heh heh.

Other than the concert, not much news at all. I go every Monday for my chemo and that is progressing nicely. 6 down, 6 to go! I'm going to be finished in May, and then I get a month off. 

Or I might do those two remaining cycles of AC chemo that I never did . . . Dr. Cohen is nervous about skipping them, in case there are any maverick cancer cells that don't get a sufficient wallop. So we'll see.

And then I'd get a month off. That's when I might get some additional surgery to fix up the mastectomy scar - it could use a little tweaking here & there; I'm not happy with how it looks.

Then, in July, radiation starts every weekday, 15 minutes a day for five and a half weeks, for a total of 28 sessions. That will bring me into August.

After that . . . another 3 months of Herceptin by itself, which fights one of the hormone receptors found in my tumor, HER2.

So by November 2010 - I'll be done! Or should be. What will I do with myself then? No chemo appointments, no doctors to see, no schlepping back and forth to the hospital . . . good grief, I'll have to get a life again! What will that be like? Guess I'll find out!

By the way, the chemo has kicked me into menopause . . . it's my third month of it! Lots of hot flashes, I can tell you! Someone said I should think of it as my inner child playing with matches. I liken it more to my inner child playing with an oil furnace & matches, but that's just me.













Well, have a blessed long weekend, enjoy your chocolate Easter bunnies, if that's what you do to celebrate Easter, and behave yourselves. 

Here's a really sweet song by the group "Casting Crowns" ~ a nice, easy-listening tune for you . . .

See you back here real soon,


Love, Wendy






6 comments:

  1. Had a really fun time at the concert last weekend. You were AMAZINGLY "on" and energetic. Hilarious!!!!! I sat with Richard and Sylvie, Isabelle and Medora, Isaac and the babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your positivity - beats negativity, Wen!

    Love,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Day Wendy,

    That was an awesome song " Your Love is Extravagant " ....Very appropriate for this time of the year Easter. Keep on fighting my friend and may God Bless You today and always.

    " See You @ The Top "
    Brent Mann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure wish I lived closer. I would have loved to be at your concert. You're always in my prayers and my heart. Keep your chins up! God bless!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Darling,
    sorry i could not be at the concert it sounds like i missed a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was fun, ringtales...it would've been funner with you there, for sure. But fret not!

    Two - count 'em - two! more concerts are in the works, one for the end of May somewhere in the West Island & one on June 5th at a venue near the Jewish General. So mark that calendar & be there or be square! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete