Monday, February 15, 2010

- I Believe - 2010 Olympics Anthem


This year's Olympic song is sung by Nikki Yanofsky, an amazingly talented young woman. What a great anthem!

Nikki is 16 years old and she's from my very own city of Montreal. She began her professional singing career by performing at the 2006 Montreal International Jazz Festival.

This performance made her the youngest performer ever to headline at this festival. She has returned to this festival each year since, culminating in 2009 with a very special outdoor performance for the festival’s 30th Anniversary.



I BELIEVE
Music by Stephan Moccio, Lyrics by Alan Frew 
There comes a moment, when my heart must stand alone
On this lonely path I’ve chosen,
Like a house that’s not a home
Sometimes when I feel I’ve had enough
And I feel like giving up
You will me to be all I can be
Now nothing can stop me
 
Chorus:
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power of you and I

This is the moment we have dreamed of all our lives
We’ll be the change we wish from others
We’ll stand tall for what is right
And in my heart there’ll be no doubt
The arms of the world will come reaching out
And embrace me to be all I can be
Now nothing can stop me
 
Chorus:
I believe in the power that comes
From a world brought together as one
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power of you and I

I believe the time is right now
Stand tall and make the world proud
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power of you and I

I believe in the power of you and I
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power of you and I
I believe our time is right now

Stand tall and make the world proud
I believe together we’ll fly
I believe in the power … of you and I
I believe in the power … of you and I.
_______________________________

Well, this afternoon I'm off again to my home-away-from-home, the Jewish General Hospital. Today I see Dr. Peter Small, an Allergist, and then my Oncologist, Dr. Cohen. 
 
I'm now three weeks overdue for Chemo #3, which they don't want to give me until they figure out why I developed Small Vessel Vasculitis after Chemos 1 & 2. So it should be an interesting couple of appointments. 
 
I hope Dr. Cohen isn't still getting headaches when he thinks about me. Hmph. Not my fault my body is WEIRD!!! So stay tuned...
 

 Proud to Be Canadian
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Have a great week, everybody!
 
More About Nikki!!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the music, I love Nikki Yanofsky's voice. Watching the video chokes me up. I feel proud to be a Canadian. But the lyrics drive me crazy. They are grammatically incorrect. It should be I believe in the power of you and ME, not the power of you and I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I was so taken by the music & the video, I never even noticed that, but it's so true! Wonder if the songwriter knows? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck this afternoon - I am busy walking around among all of the tourists and crowds here in Olympic city....It sure is a magic place these days.

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete